Confined Space Entry Training for General Industry
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Duration: 8
- Language: English
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Audience: Confined Space Entry Attendants and related operations employees
At 360training.com, you're just a couple of clicks away from completing your confined space entry training requirements. Be informed about the safety practices and common hazards of confined spaces—without the hassles of traditional learning!
What is a confined space?
According to OSHA, a confined space is big enough for a worker to enter and perform his or her job. Due to its limited means of entry or exit, confined spaces are unsuitable for continuous occupancy. But not all confined spaces are created equal. A regulatory permit is required if the confined space meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Has—or has the potential to have—a hazardous atmosphere
- Has materials that may potentially engulf the entrant
- Has internal configurations that may trap or suffocate the entrant
- Has inwardly converging walls or downward–sloped floors that may trap or suffocate the entrant
- Has recognized health or safety risks
About 360training.com's Confined Space Training
This 8–hour course meets the permit–required training requirements specified in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146. 360training.com's online program explores the safety rules and risks for workers who must enter confined spaces—including (but not limited to) manholes, pipelines, pits, process vessels, silos, storage bins, tanks, and underground vaults.
Who should take the 8–Hour Confined Space Entry Training?
All employees who are involved in permit–required confined spaces must undergo proper training before initial work can begin. 360training.com's 8–Hour Confined Space Entry Training is ideal for supervisors, attendants, entrants, and rescue personnel who need a deeper understanding of the associated risks.
Upon completing the course and passing the final exam, students will be able to print the training certificate for documentation purposes. Additional training may be required depending on specific occupational regulations. Contact local authorities for complete training guidelines.
Objectives of this course are for the student to:
- Understand the scope & application of OSHA's various confined space entry standards
- Identify "Confined Spaces", then determine if they are "Permit Required"
- Understand OSHA requirements for developing and maintaining a "Permit-required confined space entry program" permit
- Know responsibilities of entrants, attendants, entry supervisors, contractors
- Identify when you may utilize OSHA's "Alternate Entry" and "Reclassification" procedures
- Understand the requirements for "Rescue & Emergency Services"
- Have a basic knowledge of the general use and limitations of related equipment
This course addresses the following topics, plus more:
- Evolution of early confined space entry standards
- OSHA's various confined space entry standards and related standards
- Basic requirements for all employers
- Identifying permit-required confined spaces (and non-permit spaces)
- Atmospheric hazards and non-atmospheric hazards
- Elements of a permit-required confined space entry program
- Reclassifying permit spaces to non-permit
- OSHA's alternate entry procedures
- Duties of entrants, attendants, and entry supervisors
- Requirements for rescue and emergency services
- Monitoring atmospheric hazards
Subject Matter Expert
End of Course Instructions
This course includes a notes packet for the student to print out for use when taking the course. There are also links to view and print the OSHA permit-required confined space standard and appendices, as well as other useful materials.
Why choose 360training.com?
- Empowering safety professionals nationwide for 15 years
- Largest provider of Occupational Safety training
- Over 50,000 students trained each year
- No internal trainer or material costs
What your registration includes:
- Online training that fulfills OSHA 1910.146 requirement
- Course available any day, anytime
- Auto-bookmarking—Never lose your work!
- Immediate, downloadable certificate of completion
- On-staff trainer available
- Online Chat and Toll Free Phone Support