The objective of this module is to present and discuss the various types of maintenance that must be carried out in a steam power plant.
We also look at documentation, which is required for planning and control of maintenance. Also demonstrated are typical maintenance tasks that are normally
performed on major items of equipment during plant inspection outages and major overhauls.
- The objectives of maintenance, namely to retain equipment
availability, capability and efficiency.
- The definition and relationship of different types of maintenance such as running maintenance, preventive maintenance, major overhaul, predictive maintenance, and breakdown maintenance.
- Typical running maintenance activities.
- The principals of preventive maintenance, i.e. regular scheduled inspection and replacement of components where necessary.
- The application of predictive maintenance through condition monitoring.
- Condition monitoring techniques, on line and off line.
- The application of NDE (Non-Destructive Examination) techniques.
- Reliability centred maintenance.
- The effect of operating regime on equipment deterioration.
- The need for planning, control and co-ordination of maintenance activities.
- Typical documentation, which is used for maintenance control.
- The critical importance of recording measured values during overhaul inspection.
- The need to keep the equipment history file updated.
- Spare parts data.
- Flexibility of the maintenance schedule.
- Typical boiler maintenance activities, during operation and during overhaul.
- Boiler predictive maintenance activities.
- Boiler internal inspection.
- Maintenance of boiler auxiliary equipment.
- Typical outage schedule for turbine maintenance.
- Turbine condition monitoring activities.
- Typical maintenance activities during turbine overhaul.
- Maintenance of turbine auxiliary equipment.
- Generator running maintenance activities.
- Generator overhaul activities.
- Generator condition monitoring.
- Typical transformer maintenance activities.
- Typical switchgear maintenance activities.
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations of successfully completing your Course!Please take a moment to fill out the NERC survey below:SURVEY
After completing this course the final exam must be passed with a 70% or higher in order to receive certificate of completion.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.