- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Credit Hours: 5
- Language: English
- Credit Type: General
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Audience: Alabama Licensed Insurance Professionals
This course covers broad issues on Employment and Labor laws as it applies to Insurance Agencies. It covers issues on pre and post employment procedures, employee agent/agency staff/agency staff and employer/agency rights and interviewing strategies in order to avoid claims and suits. Further, it puts emphasis on real world issues related to the employment laws.
Upon completion of the course the student will gain an understanding of:
- Interviewing strategies.
- Understand the employer agency rights for requesting and disseminating employee references.
- Employment verification requirements: Do's and Don'ts.
- Drug testing and physical examinations.
- Employment at will doctrine.
- Discrimination principles.
- Americans with Disabilities Act and Family Medical Leave Act.
- Investigating effectively and within the law.
- Effective disciplinary policies.
Employment Law - Alabama Department of Insurance
- Alabama Department of Insurance
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 201 Monroe Street, Ste. 502
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. You may now print your certificate online. Keep in mind that you must keep a copy of each certificate of completion on file for 2 years after your renewal date. If you carry over CE credits to the next 2 year license term, then you must keep the certificate of completion on file for 4 years for the courses carried forward. Licensees are responsible for CE reporting and license renewal directly to the Alaska Department of Insurance (DOI). Licensees are required to to report course completions when renewing licenses. The Alaska DOI provides a Continuing Education (CE) Report Form that needs to be filled out with course completions and notarized prior to license expiration. This CE Report Form should only be given to the DOI in case of an audit. The form can be found here: http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/ins/Insurance/programs/Licensing/CE/CE%20Reporting%20Form.pdf
You will not be required to pass the quizzes to move on to the next lesson.
You will be required to pass the final exam with a 70% in order to receive course credit.