This course focuses on are the proper methods of holding legal title to property during your life, and passing your estate on to your heirs in a manner and timing of your choosing, all with minimum taxes and intervention by the legal system. It begins with a consideration of the estate planning process and the documents of transfer. The course then addresses the transfer tax system and the calculation of an individuals estate tax liability. Estate planning techniques such as trusts, marital and charitable deduction vehicles, and intra-family business and property transfers are then discussed. The course ends with a consideration of postomortem tax planning.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Know what comprises a taxable estate for federal tax purpose.
- Know how estate tax liability is calculated.
- Know how the various tools and techniques of estate planning can be used to manage and dispose of one's property according to his or her wishes, while minimizing federal transfer taxes.
Estate Planning Basic - California Department of Insurance
- California Department of Insurance
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 300 Capitol Mall, Ste.1700
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. 360training or a 3rd party affiliate of 360training will report your credit hours to the Department of Insurance within 15 days. You may also now print your completion certificate online. Keep in mind that certificates of completion must be kept on file for 5 years.
You will not be required to pass the quizzes to move on to the next lesson.
You will be required to pass the final exam with a 70% in order to receive course credit.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.