In this course we do not intend to create a complex, philosophical, intellectual debate on current ethical considerations. Rather, we will present a practical discussion of business ethics with specific examples taken from the insurance industry. The course addresses the complexities of ethical decision making in today's insurance environment. It suggests ways for insurance producers to establish ethics in the work place and thereby take a step toward reducing the possibility of questionable practices and wrongdoing.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Learn the basic concepts of ethics.
- Understand professionalism and ethical standards.
- Learn to differentiate between ethics and values.
- Define what is meant by conflict of interest.
- Define the steps involved in ethical decision making.
- Learn the intricacies of the insurance product.
- Understand the responsibilities if an insurance professional.
- Understand the disclosures involved in policy illustrations.
- Understand the standards of consumer protection in the insurance industry.
- Understand the various regulations of insurance trade practices.
Ethics for Insurance Professionals Advanced - Connecticut Insurance Department
- Connecticut Insurance Department
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- PO Box 816
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. You may now print your certificate online. Keep in mind that you must keep a copy of each certificate of completion on file for 2 years after your renewal date. If you carry over CE credits to the next 2 year license term, then you must keep the certificate of completion on file for 4 years for the courses carried forward. Licensees are responsible for CE reporting and license renewal directly to the Alaska Department of Insurance (DOI). Licensees are required to to report course completions when renewing licenses. The Alaska DOI provides a Continuing Education (CE) Report Form that needs to be filled out with course completions and notarized prior to license expiration. This CE Report Form should only be given to the DOI in case of an audit. The form can be found here: http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/ins/Insurance/programs/Licensing/CE/CE%20Reporting%20Form.pdf
You will not be required to pass the quizzes to move on to the next lesson.
You will be required to pass the final exam with a 70% in order to receive course credit.