This course provides information about the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Specifically, you will learn: what the purpose, scope and benefits of HIPAA are, what is the significance of the Administrative Simplification section of HIPAA, how nonocompliance is penalized, what changes HIPAA regulations require, what standards HIPAA enforces, how privacy and security are differentiated, what impact HIPAA can have on you and your organization, and how you can make your organization HIPAA-compliant.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand what HIPAA is.
- Learn the purpose of HIPAA.
- Understand the key features of HIPAA.
- Understand which entities are affected by HIPAA.
- Appreciate the types of standards HIPAA specifies and understand the areas affected by thestandrads and proposed rules.
- Understand the purpose of electronic standardization of transactions, code sets, and unique identifiers.
- Recognize the difference between privacy and security.
- Appreciate the impact of new privacy rules related to HIPAA.
- Understand the costs and savings associated with HIPAA.
- Learn the implementation dates of, and penalties for noncompliance to, HIPAA regulations.
- Understand how HIPAA will impact you and your organization.
- Understand the general process to implement HIPAA compliance in your organization.
HIPAA for the Insurance Professional - Georgia Insurance Department
- Georgia Insurance Department
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 716 West Tower,2 Martin Luther King. Jr Drive Floyd Memorial Building
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. ATTENTION: Please complete the affidavit, if required, and provide to 3rd party affiliate of 360training.com that monitored your exam; otherwise, please complete the affidavit and fax to 360training.com at 512-853-2657. 360training will report your credit hours to the Department of Insurance within 15 days. You may also now print your completion certificate online. Keep in mind that certificates of completion must be kept on file for 5 years.