This course will introduce basic concepts for understanding Medicare coverage in its tw- parts: hospital insurance and medical insurance. A brief history of the program and a discussion of the role of private insurance companies is followed by eligibility requirements, exclusions, and claims payments. Peer Review Organizations and Service Provider Certification are also discussed.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and background of Medicare.
- Recognize the role of private insurance companies.
- Identify the two parts of Medicare, and what each covers.
- Be familiar with enrollment, exclusions, and eligibility requirements.
- Understand the role of Peer Review Organizations (PROs).
- Be knowledgeable of the Medicare claims payment process.
Medicare - Maryland Insurance Administration
- Maryland Insurance Administration
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 200 St.Paul Place, Suite 2700
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. Please complete the affidavit and fax to 360training.com at 512-853-2657. You may also now print your completion certificate online. Keep in mind that you must keep a copy of each certificate of completion on file until your second renewal date.
You will not be required to pass the quizzes to move on to the next lesson.
You will be required to pass the final exam with a 70% in order to receive course credit.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.