Students learn the type of client data needed and how to build client rapport and create trust. The various lump-sum cash needs at the death of a breadwinner are identified, and guidelines are provided that enable students to recommend life insurance in amounts that fully protect their clients. The surviving familys income needs are examined, and the students learn how to calculate adequate survivor income and the life insurance needed to provide that income. Social Security survivor benefits are discussed, including the Childs benefit, the Mothers or Fathers benefit, and Widows and Widowers benefit.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the importance of basing client insurance requirements on a thorough going analysis of needs
- Understand the keys to building client rapport and trust
- Gather the appropriate client information required to perform an insurance needs analysis
- Identify and calculate a client's family's lump-sum needs at the death of a breadwinner
- Understand the Social Security survivor benefits that need to be considered in analyzing survivors' needs for life insurance to replace income
- Identify and calculate survivor's income needs during the dependency period, blackout period and retirement period
Personal Life Insurance - Maryland Insurance Administration
- Maryland Insurance Administration
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 200 St.Paul Place, Suite 2700
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. ATTENTION: Please complete the affidavit, if required, and provide to 3rd party affiliate of 360training.com that monitored your exam; otherwise, please complete the affidavit and fax to 360training.com at 512-853-2657. 360training will report your credit hours to the Department of Insurance within 15 days. You may also now print your completion certificate online. Keep in mind that certificates of completion must be kept on file for 5 years.