This course covers the basic concept of ethics with a detailed definition and what it entails. We will discuss the role of ethics in our personal as well as professional lives and the challenges faced. We will also discuss the core ethical values and how rationalization is used as a common tool. Finally, we will talk about the framework of ethical decisionomaking and conclude with a brief discourse on ethics and conflict of interests.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Define ethics and emphasize on the various principles involved.
- Discuss the ways in which we can incorporate ethical values in our personal and professional lives.
- Briefly define the major themes in ethical philosophy.
- Fully understand the core ethical principles and values and the use of rationalization.
- Elaborate on the framework for ethical decisionomaking.
- Define the key elements of a conflict of interest.
Ethics for Insurance Professionals - Basic - North Carolina Department of Insurance
- North Carolina Department of Insurance
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 1201 Mail Service Center
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. You may now print your certificate online. Keep in mind that you must keep a copy of each certificate of completion on file for 2 years after your renewal date. If you carry over CE credits to the next 2 year license term, then you must keep the certificate of completion on file for 4 years for the courses carried forward. Licensees are responsible for CE reporting and license renewal directly to the Alaska Department of Insurance (DOI). Licensees are required to to report course completions when renewing licenses. The Alaska DOI provides a Continuing Education (CE) Report Form that needs to be filled out with course completions and notarized prior to license expiration. This CE Report Form should only be given to the DOI in case of an audit. The form can be found here: http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/ins/Insurance/programs/Licensing/CE/CE%20Reporting%20Form.pdf