- This course introduces the topic of annuities. Annuities are insurance products that rely on mortality and investment experience to protect against the loss of income. They differ from life insurance because life insurance is designed for the protection of an individual's family or estate after their death, whereas annuities are designed to protect investors against outliving their income and superannuation. Annuities have the basic function of systematically liquidating specific sums of money over a specified period of time. In this course we will learn about different types of annuities, the benefits of each kind, and the many rules associated with their liquidation.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define an annuity.
- Differentiate between annuities and retirement plans.
- Paraphrase the different payout options.
- Describe a fixed annuity and a variable annuity.
- List the differnet types of annuities.
- Identify the different periods associated with an annuity contract.
Annuities - New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance
- New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 20 W. State Street P.O. Box 325