This course covers the basic concept of ethics with a detailed definition and what it entails. We will discuss the role of ethics in our personal as well as professional lives and the challenges faced. We will also discuss the core ethical values and how rationalization is used as a common tool. Finally, we will talk about the framework of ethical decisionomaking and conclude with a brief discourse on ethics and conflict of interests.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Define ethics and emphasize on the various principles involved.
- Discuss the ways in which we can incorporate ethical values in our personal and professional lives.
- Briefly define the major themes in ethical philosophy.
- Fully understand the core ethical principles and values and the use of rationalization.
- Elaborate on the framework for ethical decisionomaking.
- Define the key elements of a conflict of interest.
Ethics for Insurance Professionals Basic - Texas Department of Insurance
- Texas Department of Insurance
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 333 Guadalupe PO Box 149104
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. ATTENTION: Please complete the affidavit, if required, and provide to 3rd party affiliate of 360training.com that monitored your exam; otherwise, please complete the affidavit and fax to 360training.com at 512-853-2657. 360training will report your credit hours to the Department of Insurance within 15 days. You may also now print your completion certificate online. Keep in mind that certificates of completion must be kept on file for 5 years.